Wednesday 15 January 2014

Midweek puddings - honey fried bananas

There is often a mid-week slump on Wednesdays, half-way through the week but still a long time until the weekend. I am normally pretty inventive when it comes to the savoury aspect of my evening meals. I spend hours pouring through my cook books and magazine clippings deciding what exciting things to make. However, unless people coming around for dinner my mid-week puddings are often pretty dull. A straight up piece of fruit, yoghurt or even nothing at all is my normal routine. This evening though I felt like something a little different. So I stood staring at the content of my cupboards and fridge for a little time and then realised there was a huge amount of potential lurking there - honey fried bananas!



This could not be an easier pudding to do, you will need:

1 banana per person
butter
honey (runny or set will do)
vanilla extract
cinnamon or icing sugar

Put large knob of butter in pan and allow to melt until it starts to bubble. In the meantime slice up the bananas. Place the bananas in a single layer on the pan and cook on each side for 2-3 minutes.
Place a spoon of honey per person in a little dish (if set honey pop in the microwave to melt for a few seconds) and add a bit of water so they can mix together. Once you have cooked both sides of the bananas add the honey water to the pan with the bananas and allow them to bubble away but not catch. When they are done to your liking pop the bananas onto plates and give them a little sprinkle with cinnamon or icing sugar.

This evening I had mine with yoghurt and cinnamon but they would be delicious with ice cream too - yum!

Until next time ...




No comments:

Post a Comment